Monday, January 19, 2009

The potty training saga....


Micah is 4 years old and is still having accidents during the day. We have tried everything to get him to stop playing with his toys and go to the bathroom. We have grounded him from all of his toys, video games, made him stay home from fun things, put soap in his mouth, we have tried charts, and on and on and on!!! Nothing is working. He will go to kindergarten next year, and I can't have him peeing his pants at school. So, yesterday Boyd said if he peed his pants again he would give him a cold shower. Well, Micah had an accident, so Boyd put him in the shower and sprayed him down with ice cold water. I don't know who cried harder, me or him! I bawled my eyes out. He was screaming and looking at me with those eyes...like why aren't you helping me! After he got out and I warmed him up he promised me he wouldn't put me though that again. Let's hope it actually works! If it doesn't work, I don't know what will! Anyway, if you have any suggestions, I am open to anything!

2 comments:

Sotutus said...

That is the saddest thing I've ever heard!!! I would have totally screamed and cried harder than him too. What mom could sit and watch that!? Yikes! Anyway, as for suggestions, I have NONE. Isaiah was 3 1/2 when I even attempted potty training and we just did it cold turkey - no pull-ups or anything. He had a couple of accidents and then we were done...

the nice one said...

yeah the cold shower is no fun!! i get tense just thinking of it. but it seemed to work with our little man. in fact last week he woke up about 2 in the morning screaming. i thought maybe he was having a bad dream but that was not the case first he said he was thirsty then hungry so i tried to calm him down but he would not stop crying so i picked him up carried him in the bathroom turned on the shower and he instantly stopped crying. so hopefully it will work best of luck and from the kindergarten teachers view it's not unusual thing to happen in fact i have a few extra sets of cloths in my closet.

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of 5. I have been married to a wonderful man for 12 years! I love to craft, scrapbook, paint, cook, create, you name it! I hope to share some of my ideas and things that I have created! I hope you enjoy!