Sunday, September 28, 2008

Canning peaches


I never thought I would be proud of a bottle of peaches. I am proud to say that I have successfully canned the peaches I had. It is not an easy job with three little children begging for your attention. Brooke being the hardest! So you can guess what I have been doing all day Saturday. I know they are not the prettiest bottles, but they are good enough for us. To save my sanity, Boyd was sweet enough to take me on a date afterwards. We went to A.F. to a concert. It was really fun to get away.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I am beyond impressed! I made my first batch of strawberry freezer jam a few weeks ago, and I thought I was really something else, but this...I wouldn't know where to start in the canning department!

Sotutus said...

Good Job!! Jodi and I did freezer jam about a week ago and ended up with 98 cups of raspberry jam! Yikes! Then we did applesauce on Tuesday and it was way fun! Canning is so much more work than I ever thought!

Emily Vickery said...

Hey Trina! Are you still alive after this morning? I was sad not to come, but you should hear Cam- the child is about to cough up a lung! Anyway, I wish I could come hang out with you everyday, but life has to be crazy and all! But we will get together soon and I hope to be able to be there Wednesday! The peaches look great- nice work! I will give you a call soon! take care, emily

the nice one said...

wow!! congrats yeah haven't got there yet! have done freezer jam with relief society but that it! and kids weren't invited!!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of 5. I have been married to a wonderful man for 12 years! I love to craft, scrapbook, paint, cook, create, you name it! I hope to share some of my ideas and things that I have created! I hope you enjoy!