Thursday, January 14, 2010

My dad!!!



On January 12, 2010 my dad, Ward Staley, passed away peacefully in his home after suffering briefly from cancer. This has been such a shock, I don't know if it has all sunk in yet. I want it to all be a nightmare and wake up and have my dad there. He has always been the one to make everything okay. We had just found out his prognosis 5 days before he died. I still can't believe it. It was so fast. I guess in a way it was a blessing, because he didn't have to suffer for very long. I feel so bad for my mom. They were so close to retiring and had so many plans made. It doesn't seem fair! The only thing that keeps us going is the knowledge of the gospel. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation, and the knowledge that we have of life after death. I know we will get to be with my dad again, and I am grateful for a Savior who made it all possible. This makes me want to be a better wife and mother. Never take a day for granted! Life is just too short! I am so thankful for memories. I will forever treasure the memories I have with my dad. I wish we had a perfect memory. I look forward to the day that we will. I will always treasure the memory of my mother with my dad those last few days. It was so tender watching her with him. You could feel the love that they have for one another. It was so sad watching my mom say goodbye to him. They loved each other so much. My mom said that she was not only losing a husband, but she was losing her best friend. I will always remember that. I believe that what ever time that has been taken away from my mom, will be given back to her 10 fold. I love my dad and hope that he knew that. The funeral services are: Thursday a viewing from 7-9, and on Friday a viewing from 10:30-11:30, then the funeral at 12:00. Just in case anyone was wondering.

2 comments:

the nice one said...

i love love love these pictures! what treasures!! love you girl!!

Jenny said...

Words can't express how sorry I am. I love the pictures you posted. What a wonderful legacy your dad has left. You are all in my prayers. Love you!

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom of 5. I have been married to a wonderful man for 12 years! I love to craft, scrapbook, paint, cook, create, you name it! I hope to share some of my ideas and things that I have created! I hope you enjoy!